Friday, September 11, 2009

We have all heard of dads having sympathy pains when moms are pregnant, but it doesn't end there... everyone has that friend that watches some medical show and shortly after develops similar symptoms...

For me, this idea is getting out of hand. I'm a big believer in mind of matter in most situations, but there are some instances where I couldn't shake the sympathy pains... like this week.

Mike has been cleared to play sports! Yay! and after his first ultimate frisbee game back, he had a sore knee...to be expected... but why did I have one?! Most of the time, my bad knees are just fine...but a few times a year movement is near impossible. I blamed coincidence and moved on. Then Mike became sick with a sore throat, congestion, coughing, malaise....etc. I developed a scratchy throat, and icky feeling two days later. This would be normal... if we were within three hours of one another!! and it never became full blown sickness. Today he feels better and I start to feel better too....Am I crazy?!

Despite the fact that the day before my knee acted up I pushed myself hard in the gym, which could account for the pain, and the flu/cold has been going around my circle of contact for a month now, which could account for the slight illness, some things are just weird...

and I think I know why....Mirror Neurons! Yes, Mirror Neurons! They exist! I am not crazy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment